A Key Visual is not...
A Key Visual is a guiding theme and key message that translates into a symbolic image to support a brand, campaign or even unit and OD.
It can be visualized through a diverse set of communication materials, such as graphical, figurative or 3-dimensional elements like icons or images, highlighting the main message in a unique way. Therefore the visualization does not need to consist of only on image.
When establishing a Key Visual make sure it covers the following characteristics.
Former Senior Project Next Generation Business Architecture (NGBA)
The NGBA Key Visual was a rocket. It symbolized a new beginning, exploring new worlds, optimism and a focus on the future – all of which were aspects that the former Senior Project NGBA also stands for.
Note: This Key Visual is not longer used.
How a Key Visual can support your overall message
Developing a Key Visual is supposed to be a creative, yet strategic process that helps to define an element that is highly connected to your brand or product.
A Key Visual is useful when ...
- You follow one main message you would like your audience to understand.
- You know and understand the needs of your target group so that a Key Visual will resonate with them.
- You want to support your brand or project on an emotional level.
- You got a long-term project, that will, over time, build up a connection towards the Key Visual which gets recognized by your customers.
- You have multiple channels and touchpoints and plan on a high level of implementation.
How to develop a Key Visual
There are 5 major steps you need to take, when you want to develop a Key Visual: