All you need to know about becoming a brand ambassador at BASF
BASF Brand Portal
The BASF Tool for Brand Management
On this page, you will learn how you can work more efficiently using the BASF Brand Portal and get an overview about different topics around brand management. This Brand-in-a-minute video will give you a short introduction of the Brand Portal and its navigation structure.
We provide training sessions for:
- Brand Basic Training
- Corporate Design Training
- Touchpoints Training
A brand management tool which represents the peak performances of our Corporate Brand. The so called “Guiding Principles” are the working tool to implement the BASF Value Proposition which is further explained in the Brand Portal.
The Value Proposition describes:
- Our competencies (what we are best at)
- The resulting benefits for our stakeholders (what our stakeholders get)
- Our values (what we are like)
Brand-in-a-minute video about the BASF Value Proposition.
Consistent visual appearance for a characteristic identity
of BASF and its applications.
- Corporate Design: The BASF Logo, Corporate Colors, Logo bar, Typeface, Visual Style and specific adaptions for measures
- Downloadcenter: Here you find all important templates for download
- Brand-in-a-minute video about the BASF Logo
- Brand-in-a-minute video about the Corporate Colors
- The Visual Stye determines the appearance of BASF. Brand-in-a-minute video about the Visual Style
The Corporate Brand Architecture is our strategic brand management tool which manages the relationship between BASF Corporate Brand and its individual brands (Companion and Satellite Brands).
In order to obtain the brand categorization, Brand Champions and Brand Consultants are supporting Brand Managers with an evaluation process. During this process, the individual brand is being evaluated regarding its strategic positioning in the market and the needs and requirements of its customers.
Check out the Evaluation process to decide for the need of an individual brand and the location within the Brand Architecture (access for BASF employees only)
- For approved individual brands, design guidelines are developed for a correct implementation of its Corporate Design and function as the base for a consistent brand appearance across all touchpoints.
- Design guidelines for individual brands are accessible in the Companion Brand Portal, in the Satellite Brand Portal, or via request through the respective Brand Manager.
A brand alliance is a strategic decision, a marketing tool. It is a close cooperation between BASF and an external partner.
- Conduct a Brand alliance check for a structured evaluation of the brand alliance idea and the partner, and to ensure the best possible appearance of the BASF brand
- Check on the section about Trademarks (access for BASF employees only)
- Make use of our E-Learning!
- Learn about the Design of Brand Alliances
- Do I need a logo use agreement, yes or no? Let our decision tree answers your question
Finding a suitable name for company’s organizational units,
products and services
- Naming workshop to find a name which contributes positively to our BASF Corporate Brand
- Need to request a naming workshop? Please get in touch with your respective Brand Champion and Brand Consultant
- Naming Workshop Content can include:
- Development of values, competencies and benefits of the brand or product (in line with Corporate Value Proposition)
- Alignment on brand essence creative approach to name finding
- Name finding rounds and voting, with immediate legal check up
Find the right touchpoints which contribute to the brand
- Active management of touchpoints along brand rules
- Brand touchpoint prioritization impact / feasibility matrix
- Brand-in-a-minute video about Brand Touchpoints
Sharing branding best practices and learning from others
Here you will find some internal best practices on how to implement branding on all forms of communication materials, how to design your events, buildings, rooms, and more. You also have the possibility to submit your best practice examples.
Contact for Brand Measurement/Status
In those internal documents, you will find further information about the onboarding in the role as Brand Champion and Brand Manager.